We here at CrEATe Good Food are so lucky to have dietitians from around the world. Niki has given us the BEST recipe for the famous “Greek Salad”. I know what’s for dinner in my house tonight!
The BEST recipe for Famous “Greek Salad”
Yield: 4 Servings
♥ 5 large red tomatoes
♥ 1 medium cucumber
♥ 1 medium green pepper
♥ 1 large onion
♥ 1 oz Kalamata (black) olives
♥ 100gr Feta cheese
♥ 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
♥ 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
♥ 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- Wash tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper.
- Cut tomatoes in approximately 8 pieces each
- Peel cucumber and cut diagonally in half and then each strip in half inch slices
- Cut pepper, remove seeds, slice in thin strips.
- Cut and peel onion. Slice thinly
- Mix all the above in a bowl. Add the feta cheese cut up in half inch cubes and the olives.
- Sprinkle the oregano on top and add the olive oil and a pinch of salt to taste.
(Tip. If not to be eaten immediately, add the salt, oregano, feta and dressing before eating for better taste)
Serve as a light meal with some wholegrain bread or biscuits or as a salad with your main meal. Enjoy!!
Nutrition Info per serving: 266kcal (1115 kJ), CHO 14.5grams , fiber 3.7gram, Protein 5.5grams, Fat 21.7 grams (saturated fat 5.7grams), cholesterol 22mg
Recipe by Niki Philippa, RD MS and final year PhD